Thu, Jul 07|
Canada's Role in Southeast Asia's Energy Transition
Time & Location
Jul 07, 2022, 8:00 AM – Jul 08, 2022, 10:00 AM
About the Event
Southeast Asia’s energy demand is expected to increase by 60% by 2040, due to rapidly growing populations, the rise of the middle class, and an increase in industrial activities. In order for countries to shoulder this additional energy burden sustainably, especially in light of impending climate disasters, the necessity to transition to a clean and green economy is absolutely essential.
Join us to find out more about how Canadian expertise in clean and renewable energy, best practices and regulations for decarbonisation activities, and green investment can accelerate Southeast Asia’s quest to net zero emissions. Hear from successful leading companies in the energy/power sector – one of Canada’s largest – and how their innovation at home has the potential to drive large-scale energy change in Southeast Asia.
- H.E. Arifin Tasrif, Indonesia’s Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources
- Matthew Klukas, Managing Director, Asia-Pacific, Criterium Group & CABC Energy Advisor
- Chris Ireland, Managing Director, Infrastructure and Natural Resources, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP)
- Representative from Eavor
- Yash Kaman, Managing Director, CelerateX Capital LLC
- Jay Brister, Chief Business Development Officer, General Fusion