17th Crystal Ball Luncheon : The Road to Recovery – The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
Time & Location
About the Event
We would like to invite you to our 17th Annual CanCham Crystal Ball Luncheon – 2022 The Year ahead. Reflect on what happened in 2021 and learn what our experts predict for 2022.
This year's theme: The Road to Recovery – The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
CanCham's Crystal Ball is our annual event featuring well-known industry experts expanding upon key insights from the past year to predict the challenges and opportunities of doing business in Vietnam in the year ahead.
We have a very strong line-up of experts covering 6 Key topics.
- Dr. Long Pham, Head of Macro Research at HSC – 2021 Economic Overview & 2022 Predictions
- Ralf Matthaes, Founder, Managing Director at Infocus Mekong – 2021 Consumer Behaviour & 2022 Changes
- Winnie Lam, COO at Colliers – 2021 Real Estate Market & 2022 Projections
- Ismael Pili, Head of Research at VinaCapital – 2021 Stock Market Performance & 2022 Forecast
- Fred Burke, Senior Partner at Baker McKenzie – Legal Update & Impact
- Manisha Shah, CFO at MoMo – FinTech - 2021 Reflections & 2022 Outlook
As always, we have a confidential panel discussion post speeches hosted by Mr. Dominic Scriven (OBE) from Dragon Capital
Vietnam’s 2021 was by far one of the most challenging years to date. While Vietnam was lauded globally for controlling the pandemic in 2020, the Delta variant proved overwhelming resulting in strict lockdowns, interrupted production, and disrupted supply chains. In Q3 2021, Vietnam recorded its first-ever negative GDP, since 2000 affecting businesses and its people significantly.
Nevertheless, Vietnam still expects a positive GDP and as the government switches to a ‘living with the pandemic’ strategy, further economic gains can be expected. Please plan to join us for a great sense of 2022 ahead and a great opportunity for networking!