Tue, Jan 18|
The Role of ASEAN in Global Supply Chain Diversification
Time & Location
Jan 18, 2022, 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM GMT+7
About the Event
The recent supply chain crisis, caused by events such as climate disasters and new COVID-19 variants, has had a severe impact on businesses, consumers, and the global economy. Companies both small and large have been prompted to restructure their global supply chains, and find new ways to mitigate risk. Supply chain diversification and digitalisation have become of increasing importance, as these strategies provide the potential for companies to operate more sustainably and resiliently across borders. Southeast Asia is home to some of the fastest-growing economies in the world, and presents many opportunities for Canadian companies looking to expand and diversify their businesses internationally. Singapore is often considered a regional hub and a gateway to the rest of Southeast Asia, while other ASEAN countries such as Vietnam are well-positioned to become alternate production hubs in the global supply chain.
Join the Canada-ASEAN Business Council and our partners to find out more about the strategies that are being taken by companies and policy makers to future-proof supply chains, and why the ASEAN region is playing an increasingly important role for companies’ global operations. This event is part of the Canada-ASEAN Business Leaders Series, organized by the CABC, in partnership with the Government of Canada.
- Outline the drivers of the current supply chain crisis, and what strategies have proved successful.
- Understanding the current and future impact of COVID-19 variants on global supply chains.
- Understanding the impact of major weather conditions in Canada and ASEAN, and how this affects supply chain management.
- Hear from successful companies/organisations who will share their strategies for diversifying supply chains, and how this can improve the ease of business, investment, and mobility.
- Understand how supply chains are being reimagined in Asia amidst the digital revolution.
- Networking opportunities for the Canada-ASEAN business community.
Moderator: Atul Chandna, ASEAN Consumer Products and Supply Chain Leader, Ernst & Young Singapore
- Tuuli McCully, Head of Asia-Pacific Economics, Scotiabank
- Enno Koll, Head of Americas – PSA International Pte Ltd
- Jonathan Belec, Partner, International Tax and Transaction Services, Ernst & Young Singapore
- Christian Yan, Co-Founder, Nanoleaf